Welcome to Metropolitan State!
Have you registered for New Student Online Orientation? If not, please register here before beginning.
The overall goal of New Student Online Orientation is to provide you with a seamless transition to Metropolitan State University. Specifically, you will:
- Connect with the university
- Understand your rights and responsibilities as a university student
- Determine the best financing plan for you
- Learn program requirements
- Learn more about advocacy and campus resources that support students
Please be prepared with the following:
- Approximately two hours to complete the orientation
- Access to a printer for handouts and other relevant information if you choose to print them
- Your Metropolitan State University username and password to log into:
- D2L where you have access to your university email account and online courses
- Portal where you access email for next steps, university announcements, university calendar and collaboration sites
There are many links within the orientation. You are not required to click on every link, and you won’t be quizzed on any of the external content. However, you may want to bookmark links as you go through the orientation so you can use those resources later during your academic journey, particularly the New Student Orientation Handbook.
After you have carefully read through the orientation, you will be directed to a quiz on the content found in the main body of the orientation as well as the Program Information Meeting that correlates with your intended program of study.
If you have further questions after you finish orientation, you may contact the college advising centers.