On behalf of the Student Life & Leadership Development department, we would like to congratulate you in choosing to attend Metropolitan State University. With a vibrant community and a strong dedication to an affordable, anti-racist, and accessible education, Metropolitan State University is a remarkable institution to pursue your postsecondary degree.
This online New Student Orientation module provides important information that will help you begin your successful academic experience at Metropolitan State University. Please reserve up to 3 hours to complete this portion of your New Student Orientation experience.
All newly admitted students must complete the online portion of New Student Orientation at least three (3) days prior to registering for academic courses.
Some learning outcomes you can expect for the Online New Student Orientation include:
Increase awareness of:
- Student Life & Leadership Development mission, vision, and purpose
- Metropolitan State University policies that impact your student experience
- On-campus resources to holistically support your transition into Metropolitan State University
- Identify at least one co-curricular involvement to learn about via the Engage portal
- List at least 3 on-campus resources to enhance your co-curricular experiences while in college
- Locate buildings on the St. Paul campus to help your navigation once you begin classes
- Articulate the role of your academic advisor
- Identify at least 3 skills you will need to succeed as a student
- Understand how to register for classes using the Schedule Planner software
- Register for classes
It may take up to three (3) business days to for the SLLD staff to verify the successful completion of online New Student Orientation. You will receive an email notification to your university e-mail account (email@example.com) confirming your online New Student Orientation completion.
Thank you, and welcome!
Metropolitan State University Student Life & Leadership Development Department Staff