On behalf of the Student Life & Leadership Development department, we would like to congratulate you in choosing to attend Metropolitan State University. With a vibrant community and a strong dedication to an affordable, anti-racist, and accessible education, Metropolitan State University is a remarkable institution to pursue your postsecondary degree.
This online New Student Orientation module provides important information that will help you begin your successful academic experience at Metropolitan State University. Please reserve up to 3 hours to complete this portion of your New Student Orientation experience.
All newly admitted students must complete the online portion of New Student Orientation at least three (3) days prior to registering for academic courses.
Some learning outcomes you can expect for the Online New Student Orientation include:
- Learning about Student Life & Leadership Development’s mission, vision, and purpose
- Familiarizing yourself with Metropolitan State University policies that impact your student experience
- Learning about the availability of on-campus resources to holistically support your transition into Metropolitan State University
- Identifying at least one co-curricular involvement to learn about via the Engage portal
- Locating buildings at Metropolitan State to help your navigation once you begin classes (remember, we offer courses at four main locations as well as at several other Twin Cities locations)
- Articulating the role of your academic advisor
- Identifying at least 3 skills you will need to succeed as a student
- Understanding how to register for classes using the Schedule Planner software
It may take up to three (3) business days to for the SLLD staff to verify the successful completion of online New Student Orientation. You will receive an email notification to your university e-mail account (firstname.lastname@example.org or StarID@go.minnstate.edu) confirming your online New Student Orientation completion.
If you have any questions throughout this module, please contact Gateway Student Services or Student Life Leadership Development.
Thank you, and welcome!
Metropolitan State University Student Life & Leadership Development Department Staff